- This event has passed.
Pottery Wheel Class
Monday July 3 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join us for a fun filled week of learning new skills for making pots both on and off the potter’s wheel. Each child will be able to take home a treasure they made that you can use for years to come! They will learn to navigate the clay room and learn all about tools and technique and history. (It’s summer break, but we still want to keep their mind’s learning and engaged!)
Please note, due to the drying nature of any project done in clay, students will NOT be able to take home all their pottery at the end of the week. The last day of camp, students will be able to paint all of their pottery and arrangements will need to be made to pick up all of their pottery in about 2-3 weeks.
Please note there is NO CLASS ON JULY 4TH. This week’s class price is discounted to reflect this.
This class is limited to four students, so registration will fill quickly. If this class is full, please check another week’s availability.
This class can get messy. All student’s MUST bring:
- An oversized button down shirt. Long sleeve or short sleeve is fine. One of dad’s old ones will be sufficient, but it should reach the child’s knees. This will arrive with the student on Monday and will return home on Friday.
- A full-size towel. Washcloths or hand towels will not be sufficient.
- Sneakers that are okay to get dirty. Flip Flops are NOT acceptable and your child will not be allowed to stay if he or she arrives in flip-flops. Crocs or Clogs are okay, but they must have a strap around the heel.
- A healthy, NUT-FREE lunch and snacks. Our schedule is from 9am-3pm, like a regular school day. Being hungry in the middle of the day is no fun. Please send enough food to ensure your child will be comfortable throughout the day. We do not provide snacks. We also do not allow children to share snacks. For the safety of all students, this is a nut-free facility.
- A water bottle. Nuff, said. 🙂
- Sunscreen. We do take the kids to the park everyday around 11:30am. Please either apply or send sunscreen every day.
The following is to ensure a fun time is had by all!
- Class size is a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 We reserve the right to cancel class if we don’t meet our class minimum.
- All students must have completed 3rd grade.
- There are no class refunds with 30 days of the start of class for any reason. If an emergency pops up and you cannot make it, please notify us immediately and we will allow a studio credit. No-shows results in no refund or credit. Absences throughout the week are NOT able to be credited or applied to another class. Transferring to another student is allowed.
- The Crop Shop will not responsible for damaged clothing. Art can be inherently messy. Please send your child in clothing that is okay to get messy. Even with aprons, (which are provided) accident’s can still occur, so we find it is best to not send them in their Sunday best!
- Children must be signed in and out. If someone different will be picking up the child than who dropped her/him off, this will need to be submitted in writing upon drop off.
This is the approximate schedule of what our camp days are like:
9:00am – Arrival/Social/Prep time
9:15am – Art Project
10:00am – Bathroom/ Wash Hands
10:10 – Snack/Social Time
10:30am – Art Project
11:15am – Park
12:15pm – Lunch
12:45pm – Free Art/Social
1:15pm – Snack
1:30pm – Project
2:30pm – Clean Up
2:45pm – Pick – Ups
2 people are attending Pottery Wheel Class