- This event has passed.
Intro to Pottery Wheel Classes – Session 1B
September 23, 2016 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 3:30pm on Friday, repeating until October 29, 2016
In this class kids will get their hands dirty in clay on the potters wheel! Our artist instructors encourage the students to develop the skills and confidence needed to create their own pottery to admire for years to come. The first few classes, we’ll cover the basics to make cups and bowls, learn about all our tools and how to navigate the clay room. As we progress in skill (individually assessed), students will learn how to trim and throw more advanced forms like pitchers and combination pieces.
Throwing clay and working on the pottery wheel requires focus, discipline,the strength to manipulate the clay, and more advanced techniques. Therefore, we will be maintaining a strict age minimum of 10 years old or entering 4th grade.
This is a hands-on-get-dirty-not-afraid-to-get-messy kind of class. On the first day of class, children will be required to bring in an over-sized t-shirt and towel that will remain here throughout the session. We are also big on children being responsible for their own messes, so each class, they will participate in cleaning up their own station and tools in preparation for the next time they come to class.
The following is to ensure a fun time is had by all!
- Class size is 4 kids. We reserve the right to cancel class if we don’t meet our class minimum.
- All students must be between ages 10-14.
- There are no class refunds with 3 days of the start of class for any reason. If an emergency pops up and you cannot make it, please notify us immediately and we will allow a studio credit. Cancellation day of with no notice results in no refund or credit. Transferring to another student is allowed.
- The Crop Shop cannot be held responsible for damaged clothing. Art can be inherently messy. Please send your child in clothing that is okay to get messy. Even with aprons, (which are provided) accident’s can still occur, so we find it is best to not send them in their Sunday best!
- Children must be signed out upon pick-up. If someone different will be picking up the child than who dropped her off, this will need to be submitted in writing upon drop off.